Determining the feasibility of a PV Solar system design is done iteratively, the initial study is done via desktop by understanding the supply and demand constraints.
On the Supply Side
- How much do you currently pay for electricity?
- What is the tariff system you are currently?
- Where is your proposed site and are there any specific site constraints that will affect its ability to produce solar electricity
- Space available for a solar array
- Orientation and slope available for the solar array
- Shading and other obstacles
On the Demand Side
- How much electricity does your company or house use in kWh and kW?
- Ideally, we would want to have an actual record of the kW demand taken in minute intervals to develop a daily load profile however we are able to interpolate this with some fancy software from your monthly bills. This is enough for us to undertake the feasibility study
- What and when do you consume your electricity.
- Is your office open Monday to Friday 07:00 – 17:00 or are you a factory consuming electricity 24/7
With a copy of your last 12 months electricity statements, and a discussion about your site and electricity usage we are able to undertake a desktop feasibility study from which we would be able to understand if solar is a viable option for your site, the possible returns from investing in solar as well as outline costs to do so.
Have a read of our standard business process here (link) to understand how we collaborate with you to design, procure, install and operate & maintain Solar PV systems for our clients.
Please don’t hesitate to give me a call with any queries
Out of the Box Energy Solutions
079 4255 483
Simplifying water, solar & hybrid energy
to an Out of the Box Solutions